We offer multiple ways to communicate securely between our office and our clients. We all need to realize that basic e-mail is not always secure, and if you/we are sending confidential information, you/we should take caution. (Note: if you are sending a non-secure email, you can use our email address listed on our Contact Us page.) For confidential documents, please use either our Client Axcess or our Secure E-mail as described below.
Client Axcess (formerly known as Client Portal) is meant to be a place where we can share information and documents with our clients in a secure method. If you have previously used Google Drive or Dropbox, much of the functionality of Client Axcess will be familiar to you. With an increasing number of our clients using online tools and mobile devices for speed and convenience, we have adopted Client Axcess to provide the swift service that you expect, with the following benefits:
- A fresh, easy-to-use interface with no plug-ins required!
- 24/7 access to your tax returns and financial statements on your favorite devices, including desktop and notebook PCs or Macs, tablets, and smartphones.
- A simple drag-and-drop interface for uploading files from a desktop computer.
- The ability to take photos with your smartphone or tablet, and then upload the images to your portal.
- Secure, end-to-end encryption of all files transmitted and stored in your portal.
To get started:
- When you receive your first email from us (from “DoNotReply@cch.com" - and it may end up in junk mail), click on the link provided. Or if that e-mail is long gone, click on the Client Axcess link here or on our home page.
- User ID: Enter your email address that we used to advise you of your Portal access.
- New users will receive a generic password to enter here and then the system will walk you through setting up a new password. This generic password will expire within a few weeks.
- Returning user: Enter the password you previously selected, OR if you can’t remember it, then select “forgot password” and follow the prompts to receive a reset your password.
Please note that unless otherwise requested or specified, documents on Client Axcess / Portal will expire after three years from being added. This service is not meant to be a place to permanently store your documents.
For those clients that prefer our former Client Portal interface, that is still available. However, it does not work with mobile devices and does require the Silverlight plug-in.
Secure E-mail Instructions:
- Email Address: Enter your email address
- Name: Enter your name
- Company name/contact number are not needed
- At bottom, click on “send a file”